Looking for a great happy hour? A mouthwatering place to grab a bite? A unique Detroit gift? We've got you covered.
Detroit Fun Facts
- There are over 140 bars and restaurants within the one square mile area of Downtown Detroit.
- Detroit has the second biggest theater district in the country with over 13,000 theater seats in just a two block radius.
- Downtown Detroit has less crime than the national average.
- Campus Martius Park was named the 2010 Top Urban Park in the U.S.
- Martin Luther King Jr. gave his “I Have a Dream” Speech for the very first time in Detroit.
- At 139 square miles, the city of Detroit is just ⅔ the size of Chicago, ½ the size of New York and ⅓ the size of Los Angeles.
- Downtown Detroit’s residential occupancy is at 99.4% (with waiting lists at almost every building).