Role Overview: The Development Manager will be responsible for supporting growth of DXF programs, business, and funding. They will work with the DXF team to analyze program effectiveness and implement processes to increase the efficiency of operations. This role requires passion for and connection to diverse networks in Detroit. Previous experience in program / fund / business development and designing and using data systems to evaluate impacts / outcomes, programming and process development will also be highly valuable. Applicants must be enthusiastic about being part of a growing team, creative and effective communicators, and passionate about engaging DXF’s complex relationship network across Detroit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Organizational and Programmatic Development
a. Steward relationships with clients, funders, community partners, etc. b. Develop new tour programs c. Lead documentation of tour programs / content d. Identify and nurture new business / clients e. Represent DXF at community events f. Assist in fund development opportunities
2. Data and Evaluation
a. Manage and curate data relating to DXF programs b. Maintain data usage in DXF software suite (Salesforce, Humanity, Google Suite, and other systems as needed) c. Assess current tour programming to maximize revenue, margins, and client satisfaction
3. Tour Program
a. Assist in sales, booking, and planning for private tours b. Support various aspects of tour logistics c. Lead public and private tours as needed
● High School Diploma or GED
● Bachelor’s Degree in related field
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Strong relationship management and networking skills
● Strong customer service and presentation skills
● Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
● Familiarity with Microsoft Office and G Suite
● Ability to manage time effectively and independently
● Proactive and independent work ethic
● Able to work well on a team
● Detroit residency / high level of Detroit knowledge
● 1-3 years of related experience (operations, communications, programming, etc.)
● Experience with spreadsheets or databases
● Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs
Preferred Qualifications - $28-$35,000 annual salary + fully covered benefits
About DXF The Detroit Experience Factory connects locals and visitors to Detroit’s people, places and projects through contextual storytelling, interactive experiences and innovative resources. DXF has taken over 100,000 people on experiential tours of Detroit since launching in 2006.
The Detroit Experience Factory is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from Detroit residents, people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBTQ applicants.
Click here to apply.