Detroit Experience Factory (DXF) is a nonprofit that has taken 100,000 people on experiential tours of Detroit since we began in 2006. 70% of those tour attendees are locals because our focus has always been on residents learning more about the neighborhoods, small businesses and community assets in their own backyard. Though Detroit Experience Factory is mostly known for its custom tours, they are only part of our work. The other part of DXF includes the services that don’t bring in revenue including pop up welcome centers at events around the city, free walking tours, creation of maps, checklists and other city resources and overall being a megaphone for the great people, places and projects in Detroit.
As you may have heard the Welcome Center will be closing at the end of March due to lack of funding. DXF brings in revenue through our custom tours, which will continue no matter what however, our community-focused programs are designed to be a public service to the people and businesses of metro Detroit and as such are supported through fundraising efforts. In response to requests from our community DXF has launched a crowdfunding campaign that, though not intended to save the Welcome Center, will allow us to continue the other work we do including pop up welcome centers at events around the city, free walking tours, creation of maps, checklists and other city resources and overall being a megaphone for the great people, places and projects in Detroit.
As city of Detroit residents, our work is not just a job, it’s part of our lives. We value the positive impact we are able to have in our community and hope to be able to continue that work for many years to come
How you can support DXF:
- Book a custom tour for your co-workers, friends or family: http://detroitexperiencefactory.org/custom
- Join us on one of our public tours: http://detroitexperiencefactory.org/tours
- Share your love for DXF by recommending our services to friends, family and co-workers
- Sponsor the Spring Soirée or one of our public programs - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Tell us your DXF story...have you been on a tour? Talked with one of our Ambassadors at the Welcome Center or Pop Up Welcome Centers? We'd love to hear about it! Email us at email@example.com and/or leave it as a comment here on the crowdfunding page