Summer is here and we at the Detroit Experience Factory (DXF) are looking to make this our most memorable one yet! Living in a state that experiences all 4 seasons, it seems that we appreciate the warmer months a bit more than most. 2017 is shaping up to be an exciting summer for Detroit, and for us here at DXF as well!
It’s hard to believe it, but we’ve been at this now for over 11 years. In that time frame we’ve taken over 85,000 guests on experiential tours of Detroit! For 2017 we’ve added 16 new public tours, bringing the total amount of unique tours offered this summer to 28! The best part? Over half of them are free and they’re offered almost every day of the week!
Some of our notable new tours include:
- Free QLINE Tour - Step aboard Detroit’s new light rail for a cruise along the Woodward Avenue Corridor. Sights include the entertainment district, Midtown, and New Center.
- Free Neighborhood Walking Tour - This tour allows you to connect with some of the city’s most interesting neighborhoods outside of our Downtown like West Village, Grandmont-Rosedale and the Avenue of Fashion.
- Explore Detroit Themed Bus Tour - Each month we'll explore different themes throughout the city including Urban agriculture, Art and Architecture, City of Design, and Coffee, Tea and Chocolate
- Small BIZ Tour - Experience a slice of Detroit’s small business community as we visit some of the wonderful and unique small businesses downtown.
- Art in the Market - From local, national, and internationally acclaimed muralists to galleries galore, you’ll find a new reason to love the oldest and largest public market in the country!
Our Executive Director Jeanette Pierce put it best in saying: “There are literally thousands of amazing people, places and projects in this city and we want to showcase them all. We hope to continue to show both locals and visitors that there is something for everyone in Detroit.”
One of my favorite things about our tours is that whether you're a lifelong Detroit resident, new to the city or just here for the weekend, our tours will both entertain and educate. Our entire team is passionate about the City and it shows in what we do. We're looking to forward to having you on a tour so you can experience for yourself the deep history of the City, the exciting things currently happening as well as what's in store for the future.
About the author: Nadir Ali is a lifelong Detroiter and Communications Manager at the Detroit Experience Factory.